Glass railing is one of the best choices for modern stair stringers. It gives a very charming look to our stairs and also increases the beauty of your home.
There is no doubt it is not an economical choice, but it brings a classic charm to your buildings. Glass railings give stunning visual impact and give a feel that you have more room in the building than the actual.
Attaching the glass railing systems to stair stringers is not a simple task and needs great skills, but it is too costly. If you want to attach glass railings to stair stringers but you want that with a lower budget, then try yourself.
If you have a little bit how to know about the glass railings attachment with stairs, you can easily complete that task by following our below guidelines.
What are the steps to attach glass railing to stair stringers?
When you attach the glass railings to stair stringers, you will only need a hammer drill because all other tools were available to you with glass railings.
- First of all, stand the glass railing in the required position on the stairs; no need to worry, railings will stand by themselves because they will have support posts.
- Now take a permanent marker and mark the holes for the bolts and properly market the holes at their right positions.
- After that, remove the railing from the stair stringers and, with the help of a hammer, Drill make holes for the bolts; make sure you have made deeper holes. The deeper holes in the concrete provide strong support to hold the railings at their position.
- When you have completed making bolt holes, remove the threaded sleeves from the lag bolts. Now take the hammer and tap on the sleeve to insert it in the holes. But make sure when you are inserting the sleeves, they are properly inserted. To make its insertion perfect, check the top of the sleeve with the surface of the stairs.
- Now again stand the glass railings, now take the bolts and insert them one by one in each of the anchor bases, and now turn the bolt and confirm that it properly holds the threads.
- When you have inserted all the bolts in the marked holes, now tighten all the bolts. It will help the railings to remain fixed and at the proper place where they are attached.
- Now look at overall fittings, see the view from different angles, and make sure glass railings look charming and attractive. It is done; enjoy the best style of glass railings with handsome professional cost savings.
Glass railings are becoming trendy because your stairs become more charming and attractive when you attach glass railings to stair stringers. But it is an expensive task that needs heavy investments. You cannot save the cost of material and glass railings, but you can save the cost of professional services by attaching railings yourself. Follow the above simple steps and attach glass railings to your stair stringers.