We have faced many times in our hotel, office, or commercial places that door lock got out of order and need replacement or repair services.
Surely we need a locksmith or any other expert for replacement. But here we will suggest you do not be in a hurry and before going to hire a locksmith check the door lock.
Many tasks can complete efficiently without special skills. The most occurring problem and the major problem of door locks is when the cylinder goes out of order.
People take it a difficult task, but we will share some details that will help you to do that job with great ease for your commercial doors.
Please go through our article on how to change the lock cylinder of a commercial door and learn about that job.
How to change the lock cylinder of your commercial door?
Some steps will help you to replace the faulty lock of your commercial doors.
Arrange all the necessary tools such as screwdrivers long screwdriver of 4 inches will help you. When you have arranged all the tools, then go towards changing the lock cylinder.
• Insert screw under the latch of the lock and turn it in a counterclockwise rotation. Rotate it until the latch becomes loose. Now take it out and keep the screwdriver with you; it will help you when you need reassembling.
• Now take the old key with you and insert it; turn the key counterclockwise but turn it a little bit that makes you able to open the lock. It will hide the latch, and the cylinder of the lock will be in your range. Hold the key in that position; otherwise, you cannot change the lock cylinder.
• Now slide the lock cylinder by pulling on the key; if you face a problem, then turnkey some more until you can easily take out the damaged cylinder.
• You need to fix the new cylinder in the hole, but here you should keep in mind that keeps the key in the same opening position. Carefully adjust the new cylinder and check everything in good balance.
• Now take the screwdriver again and pull out the key by turning it anti-clockwise, insert the screwdriver and place the latch in its proper place.
• Reassemble the lock with a screwdriver and make sure you have properly set everything. Check the lock by inserting the key and vouch for its functions; your lock cylinder has been changed.
We all know that the main part of door locks is their cylinder. People think that it is a tough job that needs special skills, so they hire locksmith services.
But here, we have provided you some valuable guidelines that will help you change the lock cylinder without hiring anyone.
We hope our article on how to change the lock cylinder of a commercial door is helpful for you. For more information, please comment on our article we will help you.