The things which go through different pressure levels daily have high chances to have problems. In most cases, those things get loosened. Door locks are included in this list. Door locks are the thing that is being used daily by different persons in commercial places. So, it is obvious that it will face problems too. Here, Mobile Locksmith Express, you will get some awesome tricks to solve any problems regarding lock paddles and you’ll learn how to replace the doorknob, if necessary.
How to Fix Door Lock Paddles in Commercial Doors?
There are some common problems which can be solved easily without replacing the doorknobs. Here each type of problem is covered with easy solutions.
● If you feel that your door lock handle is loosely attached to the faceplate, you can solve this without replacing this with a new one. Just take a screwdriver and unscrew all the parts of the faceplate including the handle. Now tight all the screws with your screwdriver. And then attach the doorknob to the faceplate tightly. Tightening both the interior screws and faceplate screws are important. Sometimes, it gets loose because of internal problems.
● Sometimes it happens that the door lock cylinder is not going properly into the door hole. There may be two reasons. One is your door hinge is not aligned properly. The second reason is your doorknob is not aligned properly. Check the hinge first. If it is okay, then check the doorknob alignment. Tightening the screw at the faceplate can solve this problem.
● Are you facing a problem, not to use the lock properly? Is it getting stuck in Midway? The reason is the jam. Rust and dust are being stored at the keyway every day. To remove it, you can use sharp screwdrivers or toothpicks. Another best solution is to add graphite lubricant or wet lubricants. These will make the way clear and there will be no jam for the key path and doorknob.
These are some regular problems. As you can see, these all can be solved without replacing the door paddle. But there are some problems too because of which you need to replace the knob. Let’s see how to replace the knob.
How to Replace the Door Paddle of A Commercial Door?
Before installing a new door paddle, you need to remove the old lock handle. So to remove it, first remove the faceplate by unscrewing the screws. The knob will be released to your hand. Then remove the strike plate. Now, you have to fix the new door paddle at the place of the old ones.
- Try to buy a latch assembly the same size as the old one. It will reduce your extra work. If you haven’t got the proper size, then you have to cut the latch plate according to this size. Use a chisel to make the sharp end.
- Now insert the lock cylinder and adjust the doorknobs with screws. Make sure those doorknobs are getting attached tightly.
- While attaching the new strike plate, check the alignment first. Make sure the latch assembly must be attached to an angle. One side will be plain and another side will be attached with an Angle to the strike plate. It helps to latch plate slides inside it. Also, make sure the angled slide is near to the door frame.
- After finishing the screw setting, make sure that every part is attached tightly. Loose screws can be problems in the future. Then test the door paddle and check whether alignment and other things are okay.
We hope this article will help you to fix the door lock paddle for your commercial doors.